13 Events Took Place In The First Week Of 2021
Amid the chaos at the Capitol, the U.S. suffered the coronavirus pandemic’s deadliest day yet on Wednesday, reporting more than 4,000 deaths in a single day, according to a Reuters tally https://t.co/vsjfskUXDK pic.twitter.com/DPAhI8abQz
— Reuters (@Reuters) January 8, 2021
1. Trump-supported domestic terrorists attempted to at the US Capitol who brought pipe bombs. Pipe Bombs were reportedly also found at the RNC headquarters and a suspicious package arrived at the DNC headquarters.
.@tedcruz should resign from the United States Senate immediately. https://t.co/O1D5K6Gt0k
— Julián Castro (@JulianCastro) January 6, 2021
2. Son of San Antonio Julián Castro calls Ted Cruz an embarrassment to Texas.
“We brought this hell upon ourselves,” say Senator Cory Booker.
The latest as the U.S. Congress vote to confirm Joe Biden’s election win ▶️ https://t.co/3ZWdhpMqlv pic.twitter.com/pf8TkFcUZQ
— Bloomberg (@business) January 7, 2021
3. Biden’s win was certified by Congress, meaning that he won the election…again.
So absolutely fitting that @KenPaxtonTX — a lawless man devoid of any ethical or moral compass — would speak at a rally about his efforts to assist in a coup to save…*another* lawless man devoid of any ethical or moral compass.
Texas – we’ve got work to do. https://t.co/NuSstH63kI
— Veronica Escobar (@vgescobar) January 6, 2021
4. Trump might be getting impeached and So far, at least 8 Texas members of Congress have now called for Trump’s removal
As a result of the unprecedented and ongoing violent situation in Washington, D.C., we have required the removal of three @realDonaldTrump Tweets that were posted earlier today for repeated and severe violations of our Civic Integrity policy. https://t.co/k6OkjNG3bM
— Twitter Safety (@TwitterSafety) January 7, 2021
5. Facebook and Instagram banned Donald Trump for at least two weeks.
The voters who turned out for Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff in Georgia https://t.co/ckrtalevh6
— CBS News (@CBSNews) January 7, 2021
6. Jon Ossoff, a 33 year old son of jewish immigrants, and Reverend Raphael Warnock won their Georgia Senate races, meaning that Democrats will now narrowly control the Senate. Senator Warnock became the first black Senator in Georgia’s history.
Breaking: Elon Musk just became the richest person in the world.
His net worth is now $188.5 billion, surpassing that of Jeff Bezos.
In the past year, Musk’s fortune has risen by $160 billion. pic.twitter.com/poCjypj4Ss
— Jon Erlichman (@JonErlichman) January 7, 2021
7. Elon Musk passed Jeff Bezos to become the richest man in the world.
REPORT: Kim Kardashian allegedly saw Kanye West’s presidential campaign as the “final straw” for their marriage. via Page Six.
More: https://t.co/iHrgYFvDAD pic.twitter.com/C011H555uF
— Complex Music (@ComplexMusic) January 7, 2021
8. Kim and Kanye’s marriage is reportedly over, and we all kind of called it years ago.
📲 Harry Styles now officially confirms that the song Olivia by One Direction is about Olivia Wilde and they had to hide their relationship for about 5 years.
— jannaˣ²⁸ (@perfectIylwt) January 4, 2021
9. Harry Styles and Olivia Wilde are reportedly dating and we couldn’t be more confused and excited at the same time.
Dr. Dre, the music producer and entrepreneur, confirmed on social media that he had been hospitalized in Los Angeles and that he was “doing great.” His statement came after reports that he had had a brain aneurysm and had spent time at the ICU. https://t.co/iejv2wCfc2
— The New York Times (@nytimes) January 6, 2021
10. Hip-Hop mogul and legend Dr. Dre was hospitalized after reportedly suffering a brain aneurysm.
VIDEO/ @adamlambert performing “Rat’s Way Of Life” as Emile!! #RatatouilleMusical! This is so good!! 🎶🐭🥰😍
Streaming for 72 hours only.
TICKETS https://t.co/oMH7Px7Qub pic.twitter.com/vyGyl8JOqw
— GELLY (@4Gelly) January 2, 2021
11. Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical raised over $1 million as a benefit concert for the Actors Fund, which is providing aid to out-of-work actors and other entertainment workers during the pandemic.
I can’t believe Bean Dad was this week. pic.twitter.com/xgPd4taFgj
— Tyler (@tmonson23) January 6, 2021
12. Twitter was dominated by “Bean Dad” John Roderick, after a thread where he documented trying to get his daughter to open a can of beans for six hours went viral.
“It’s a real honor and privilege to wear those colors and represent the city.” – @Patty_Mills on the #SpursFiesta jerseys@HEB | #GoSpursGo pic.twitter.com/lfCtsBalm4
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) January 1, 2021
13. Spurs drop the best city-edition jerseys in the NBA!