New Music Friday: Latto & 21 Savage, Shenseea, Tory Lanez and more
From intimate love songs to heartfelt rap tracks and bops with catchy beats, check out this week’s New Music Friday for the culture’s latest & greatest in music.
– Latto ft. 21 Savage, “Wheelie” — The Atlanta rap duo teamed up yet again for the latest single off Latto’s upcoming 777 album. The two previously collaborated on “Pull Up” from Latto’s 2020 debut album, Queen of Da Souf.
– NLE Choppa, “The Gender Reveal Song” — The Memphis rapper released the new song as a tribute to his unborn child. He and his girlfriend announced the news that they recently lost the baby after suffering a miscarriage.
– Tory Lanez, “Cap” — In Tory-like fashion, the rapper delivered heavy lyrics over a catchy beat. The song is said to be a diss record about Megan Thee Stallion‘s boyfriend, Pardi Fontaine.
– Mariah the Scientist, Buckles Laboratories Presents: The Intermission — The R&B singer released her 4-track EP which is comprised of never-released music, according The Source.
– Lucky Daye, Candydrip — The 36-year-old Louisiana singer dropped his second studio album, which features artists like Lil Durk, Chiiild and Smino.
– Shenseea, Alpha — In the midst of constant radio plays for her single “R U That,” the Jamaican-born artist delivered her 14-track debut reggae album.
Hits Heavy in Rotation
– Ella Mai — “DFMU“
– SZA — “I Hate U“
– Jack Harlow — “Nail Tech“
– Shenseea ft. 21 Savage — “R U That“
– Fivio Foreign, Kanye West & Alicia Keys — “City of Gods“
Artist on the Rise
Omeretta The Great is an up-and-coming rapper from Atlanta. Her recent success on the controversial track “Sorry Not Sorry” boosted her to the top of the “who to look out for” lists and landed her a collab with fellow-Atlanta rapper Latto.
Copyright © 2022, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.